Code of Conduct – ARES & CD-MAKE 2021
With the registration participants agree to comply with the code of conduct for ARES 2021.
Participants are asked to use their real name when joining via Zoom. Any disturbance of the sessions will not be tolerated.
ARES & CD-MAKE 2021 are dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion. We do not tolerate harassment* of conference participants in any form. Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference (without a refund) at the discretion of the conference organizers.
* Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Offensive comments related to age, ancestry, color, disability or handicap, national origin, race, religion, gender, sexual or affectional orientation, gender identity, gender expression, appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, marital status, veteran status.
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, event organizers retain the right to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the conference [with no refund].
Event organizers may take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participants.
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible. Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of our event for everyone.
To make a report please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This code of conduct policy is based on the example policy from the Geek Feminism wiki, created by the Ada Initiative and other volunteers: http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Conference_anti-harassment